Yesterday sis accompany me to do a blood test at Dr. Bishun's clinic. We were on the way home from gym. Sis saw that on the right side of my neck was swollen and asked me if I have thyroid. I told her that it has been like that for some time but I didn't pay attention to it. Marcus (my ah kor) was there too and he told me that it is really swollen and asked me to get it checked. So I did. Doctor checked my neck and the lump, and he told me that the chances is quite high but to be sure he needs my blood for blood test. So the doctor took some blood from me. I do not fancy needles on my arms or anywhere near my body. The last time I had a needle so near me was in 2005 when I donated blood for the very first time in Macquarie University, Sydney Australia.
Close friends that knows about this told me not to worry because it's a common thing. Even though it is, I just can't help to think or worry about it. To say I am not worried, I am just lying to myself.
I had been constantly going to the doctors to check up and been on meds for almost 10 years. Finally last year I am able to go without all these things. I am happy that I am getting better each day and I do not need to rely on meds. But now, the thought of going to doctors, doing all sort of tests and being on meds again is making me feel drained up. I know things are not confirm now but I just can't help to think about it.
Hopefully keeping my mind occupied with work will help me to stop thinking about this until I get the result.
No comments:
Post a Comment