Sunday, May 1, 2005

Paint what?!

Friends from Hillsong Asian Extension Service organized a Paintball day together with some of the people from PowerHouse and Shaun's connect group. 43 of us in total. To be honest, I have no idea what I got myself into. I've never heard of anything called paintball since there were none in Malaysia. Are we there to paint balls? If so, why is it so expensive? No one fill in the gap for me.

The drive to Action Paintball (www.actionpaintball.com.au) was about 15 minutes from my place; it was located in Rouse Hill. We arrived in a forest-y place and I thought to myself, is this where we are going to be? What is there to do in a place like this? You gotta be kidding right?

Most of the people were already suited up and choosing their packages when I arrived (no worries mate, I was not the last one to arrive *blek*). There were 4 packages with different prices to choose from based on your budget. Commando package was my choice which came with 600 paintballs, a Tippman ProCarbine semi automatic paintball gun, goggles, camouflage overalls and vest. Putting on the camouflage overals makes me feel like I'm ready to go for battle. Once I got my hand on my gun, it feels like I'm ready for a battle.

We had to go for a briefing on how your gun works, what to do when you want to surrender, safety procedures, how many games we play, who are the referee and et cetera. We were then divided into 2 teams - Asian Invaders (people from Asian extension service + Shaun's connect group) versus Freedom Fighters (friends that we've invited + Powerhouse). Once it's all sorted out, let the war begin!!



There were 8 to 9 different types of battlefield - flag stealing, tag team, police versus drug dealer, protecting the boss, protecting the medic, terrorist versus freedom fighters. It was a full on action packed game. It takes team work and strategy in order to win. Since it's my first time playing, I really have no idea what I am doing.  I just do what I'm told - to stay alive till the end.

Paintball rewarded me with tons of bruises - 7 in total (I think). 2 of which are on my arms just because I raised my hand to indicate that I've been killed. Worse is receiving a head shot when I'm out of the battlefield. Thankful for the mask that I had. Phewww....

Someone once said that you pretty much pay so much money to get bruises. I agree but on the other hand, it's so much fun!

No comments: