It was the day that I have been waiting for. A day where friends from the Aussie land come to the land of cheap clothes, food, pirate dvds / cds / vcds, cheap shoes and et cetera. I took at 40 minutes ride (including the time that I took to find the place) to Damansara Jaya to pick Bobby, Andrew (Bob's brother), Kim (Andrew's girlfriend) and Michael (Bob and Andrew's cousin). Met Bobby's mom and aunt when I got there. It was pretty easy to find once I know it was behind Damansara Jaya's high school. The funny thing was that the people do not know where SS22a is. Geez...After all the introduction and all, off we go to Sg. Wang Plaza. The traffic to town was pretty bad I must say. Our first stop was 18th Street Restaurant because they were pretty hungry. Because of our fickle mindedness (well it was only Bobby...hahaha just kidding) we got the order wrong...maybe NOT. I think the waiter were really confused with our orders. Oh well..it's all good. After lunch, we just walk around Sg. Wang Plaza / BB Plaza. We went to a store that sells really nice comfy t-shirts. Bob almost got a shirt for Kev but sorry...no more L size. All M. The display in the shops are really good too. Bob got 3 shirts and something else while Andrew got 4 shirts, a jacket (I think) and something else. We went to look at some phones as well but we found out that the model that they wanted to get was cheaper in Australia due to some sale apparently. We kept on shopping in Sg. Wang until we went into Parkson Grand to get some guys stuff. When Bobby got all the things he needed, RISKs suddenly became our topic and we had the idea of wanting to play it so off we went to find the board. We went from ground floor to the 3rd floor (kids department) just to find it and tadaa.........WE GOT IT!!!!! We were soooo happy and excited (I must say) when we found it. It cost us RM 139.90 (so expensive!!!) but we got discount too hahaha. We were really excited about it. Bob said that I can keep the board while he will keep the Golden Cavalry piece and put it on his desk.
At about 6 p.m. we drove to Times Square because it was pouring like crazy. Praise God that the traffic to Times Square was smooth. The shopping spree was on the move again. Andrew got his favorite shoes (Converse, he got 3 of them). Bobby didn't want to get any shoes so both of us ended up walking around and finding things that he needed. Clothes is one of the main thing that he bought mostly. Anyways, we went to 1st floor to look at watches and this I must say would be the highlight of my day. It was really really funny and not to be proud but I find that my bargaining skills is really good. LOL. We were looking at watches and we saw 3 really nice Tissot watches. It was RM 1500 and he gave us 20% discount which comes up to RM 1200. Then Bob try to negotiate again and I kept on pushing the price lower and lower and lower to Rm1100 (hee). The sales man was pretty speechless. He can't seem to find words to say anymore but to kept on smile and say no. Then we look for other watches and Bob found the PERFECT one I must say coz I really love it. It is a Seiko and I kept on pushing for the lowest price until the sales guy had to give in and gave us around 30% discount. Man! I'm good! LOL. Well of course I can't take the credit alone. If Bob didn't chip in some of his indecisiveness? I guess we wouldn't be able to get that price for the Seiko watch. Bob was really happy and as for me, I was really happy because I got a good bargain (I don't usually bargain for watches for your information).
We left Times Square at about 8 ish and off to Low Yat plaza for dinner. I really dislike the room that they gave us because it was too noisy. Imagine a room of people having their annual dinner and people went cheers here and there. GEEzz...We were pretty much the last ones to leave and when we were outside the restaurant, Andrew saw the owner of the picture on the wall and he went back in to ask for a picture with the owner. Hehehe. He really cracks me up. He told the owner that his food was really good and ask him for his business card so that he could introduce his Australian friends to go there for food. LOL.
We left the city at about 10:30 and got home at about 11ish because of traffic jam. We chilled abit as Andrew happily show us his shoes. Hehehe. He loves them so much that he didn't even want Bobby to squash them in the car trunk. He wants them to place them in good condition and stuff. He bought a black, white and brown. Bob says the white is for his wedding and the black is for his funeral. LOL. Andrew shared his Converse story in the car and it just cracks all of us up throughout the whole journey home. We just chilled and watched some Singaporean drama with Bob's mom and aunt. Oooo....and I realized that Bob could not stop admiring his new found friend...his watch hehehe.
It was a really good day. Good for Bob, Andrew and Kim coz they bought so much stuff. Hehehe. I am happy coz both Bob and I found RISKs (Dan, we can now play Risks again!) and we got it! A happy, enjoyable though it was tiring.




No comments:
Post a Comment