Sunday, October 30, 2011

Exploring Bali (Part 1)


After almost 4 days of conference and singing, it's finally time to explore Bali for real! Our driver - Wayan, pick us up after our lunch in the hotel. First stop, Kuta Beach to do some shopping since it's the most famous place to be. The sun was scorching hot and the place is jam packed with tourists. I thought Patong Beach @ Phuket is crowded, never would I thought this place would be even more crowded. I managed to get some Starbucks stuff before we head off to Uluwatu Temple. We stop by at Pecatu Indah which is the gateway to some expensive resort in Bali.

Uluwatu, the temple with loads of monkeys. These are unlike normal monkeys but they are aggressive monkeys. We were warned not to carry any dangling or shining things as these monkeys will snatch it without us realizing it. Sylvia freaked out and you can see the worry on her face. Be it monkeys or the crowd, nothing beats the view of the beautiful sunset. I just stood there and can't stop myself from snapping tons of pictures. I just love sunset! We also bumped into 2 familiar faces, Rachel and Jon. What a small world!

After Uluwatu, we stop by at Jimbaran for some seafood. Jimbaran is famous for dining at the beach with Balinese performances. It was wonderful to sit at the beach with the sound of waves while you enjoy your meal. I was not meant to eat seafood after my surgery but the squids is just so tempting that I can't help myself :P The Balinese sambal is just to die for! I asked the waiter if they would sell some to me but they told me they can't for they make it by themselves. When we were about to leave and pay for our meal, the waiter was so sweet that he gave me a small pack of sambal to take home! Wonderful!

To be continue....

No comments: