Can't sleep. I.Just.Can't.Sleep. Grrrr.....
Flu + Sore throat & I.Lost.My.Appetite.
For those who think I am on a diet, sorry to disappoint you. I've just lost my appetite from all these germs in my body. Soup is all I can manage these few days.
There was a relationship seminar by Kevin and Shiela Gerald that took place on Wednesday. I finally got one of the question in my mind answered...
Why some friendships takes such a long time to grow while some just speed up in such a short time?
According to Kevin and Shiela (this shows that I pay attention :P), friendship & relationship takes time. There are certain friendships that takes ages to grow, nurture while some friendships just speed up like lightning. Friendship and relationship is like growing a plant. It takes time, water, food for your plant and sometimes you might even need to trim it. How true is that! It makes me ponder upon all the friends that I have, the journey we took, how it went and how long we took to be where we are to this very day.
Sex was also one of the topic that were discussed in the seminar. Many of us, sex seems to be the taboo word; a topic that many of us would not want to talk about. According to Kevin "Save sex for marriage and save marriage with sex." Sex is a sacred thing created by God for married couples. In a marriage, if both husband and wife fulfill their duty and role, then their spouses would not find fulfillment in other places, things and people. If a wife fulfill the desire of the husband, then the husband would not go find another woman, or head towards alcohol so on and so forth to fulfill it's desires. It is important for married couples to spend intimate time together.
That leads me to another thought (after a discussion with my housemate), how far would you go in setting your boundaries when you are dating? One thing my housemates and I agree on is that the more physical you get, the easier you are to let the enemy to lead you into temptation. I guess in the world today, hugging and kissing seems alright. But if you come to think of it, if things did not work out between a couple, wouldn't that hurt both parties really badly? (I would say girls hurt more). Males tends to be more physical first then only lead them to be emotionally involved in a relationship while girls are the opposite.
I reckon that the more you respect each other as brother and sister and keep yourself pure is the most important thing. Think about this, would you want your future husband or wife kissed other people before you? Would you want him / her to be really physical with another person? Just having the thought of it doesn't seem right. I always tell my friends and youth to keep your boundaries. Boundaries are not rules or law, they are guidelines that help you to have a healthier and better relationship. Honestly, if your partner does not respect your decision in the boundaries that you have set, then this person do not deserve you at all. So how far would you go? For me (call me old fashion or whatever), whether this person that I am dating is the person that I am going to spend the rest of my life with, the max I would go is just hold hands, maybe a bit hugging and just a kiss on the cheek and that's it! One method that I always practice is to ask myself "What would Jesus say or do"? Will He agree with my actions or my partner's actions? When we learn to control ourselves and respect each other's boundaries, I reckon that it will teach us to treasure our Mr.Right or Ms.Right more. Joel and Julia A' Bell (pastors of Hillsong Church) is a perfect example to me. They treasure each other's kisses, intimacy, hugs even more because they save it until after marriage.
If you have not set your boundaries, it's time to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment